TERMS & CONDITIONS
We comply with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. Below is further information on your rights.
The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 came into force on the 31st October 2000 and gives rights to individual consumers in the area of home shopping. They are intended to give consumers confidence in purchasing goods and services where there is no face to face contact with the seller. The regulations do not apply to business to business (trade) contracts.
- Our trading name is TPS Scotland
- We sell a full range of packaging materials, spices, marinades etc for the food industry
- All prices will be displayed including VAT and carriage charges will be indicated separately where applicable
If TPS accepts your order, please allow us 5 working days to deliver the goods to you, subject to stock availability, always provided that TPS cannot guarantee delivery within these timeframes and shall not be liable for failure to deliver within such estimated delivery time period. This shall be no later than twenty eight (28) days following acceptance of your order, unless you are contacted by TPS via email, phone or fax to arrange otherwise.
We deliver to the whole UK territory (mainland and islands) and use the means of transport that provides the best and quickest service for each area. We reserve the right to require the return of Goods that are not accepted by you for any reason. Upon delivery of the Goods you must carefully inspect them. If any of the Goods do not match the description or appear to be damaged or are lost, do not use the Goods and please Contact Us as soon as possible and inform us of the problem. All queries in relation to delivery should be directed to TPS via our contact page.
CANCELLATION RIGHTS / RETURNS
- Private Consumers have a cooling off period in which they can withdraw from the contract for any reason. The cooling off period begins as soon as the order has been made. In the case of goods, it ends seven working days after the day of receipt of the goods. Unwanted goods may be accepted for return after this time period only at the company’s discretion. Once we have received the goods, we will refund the purchase price (less any original carriage charges) immediately, or in any case within 30 days. Goods returned without the required documentation, or after 30 days of the notice of cancellation, will be treated as abandoned to us, and will be dealt with accordingly
- You must write to us to cancel your order and address this cancellation notice to the address in note 1 in the Company Information section above. If there is a problem with the goods supplied then please indicate this on your written correspondence. The consumer must return the goods to us if they cancel the contract
- If a product is faulty, wrong or damaged on delivery the Company will provide a replacement provided that they have not been used.
- The consumer must return the goods within 30 days to the address in note 1 in the Company Information section above for inspection / testing before a replacement is issued. The cost for returning the goods must be met by the consumer.
- We will refund your money within 30 days of your correspondence stating your wish to cancel your order. The consumer must return the goods to us if they cancel the contract. Administration fees, where applicable, are none refundable.
- If you have notified us of a problem with the goods, we will replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective upon delivery; or refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question. The company will not be liable for losses that were not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was made, for losses that were not caused by any breach on the part of the supplier or for business losses and/or losses to non consumers. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor is it intended to exclude our liability to you for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
- Any complaints should be sent for the attention of the Customer Services Team at the address in the Company Information section above.
Please click on this link for more information: http://www.berr.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page38102.html
DESCRIPTION OF GOODS
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. We must emphasise it is in everyone’s interest to ensure that the correct items are being ordered and are suited to your particular requirements. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including product descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. Though we constantly strive to provide accurate and current information on this website, information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of TPS howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We check your payment card when we process your order. Your account will be charged at the same time. If your order is cancelled before delivery, we will refund the full amount to your payment card. We can process payments from most major credit and Switch cards. For security reasons, we do not store payment card details, so you will need to re-enter your card details each time you place a new order. Consumers whose payment card is used dishonestly or fraudulently for any type of home shopping can now cancel the payment and the card issuer must refund all the money to the consumers account.
Goods Ownership: Goods remain the property of TPS-Scotland Ltd until payment for goods shipped and invoiced have been paid.
Returns: Returns must be notified to us no later than 30 days of delivery. We will not accept returns after this date. We reserve the right to refuse returns for reasons outside “Damaged in transit” or “Wrong goods shipped”.
Credit Limit: SFMTA members can enjoy a £500 credit limit. For Non-SFMTA members, we offer a £300 limit. All balances must be paid for within 21 days of goods RECEIVED. Failure to do so will result on the credit facility being withdrawn,your business removed from our database, and your details handed to our legal department for recovery. We reserve the right to refuse any order going out-with the agreed credit terms.
Delivery: For credit accounts we will only deliver to the invoice address stated on the application form. If this causes your business an issue with your internal supplier payment procedures, please contact us to discuss any options we can advise.
Information: Please be assured that we will not share your information with outside parties without your knowledge.
Terms of Business: By completing a credit application account with TPS-Scotland, you are agreeing to abide by our terms and conditions, including credit checks.
Get in touch
Registered in Scotland Number SC355514